Tuesday, October 28, 2008

They Named Him Jake

This last weekend we went home. I am so excited when I start getting close because I know what is going to happen. At least I thought I did. Once the car comes to a stop in the driveway I impatiently wait for the car door to open so I can get out and RUN!.... but I got out and what did I see. A red lab that looked like my sidekick Bo, except this one was SKINNY!!

Right off the bat he is smelling me up and down which I do not like. I kept turning around to look at him and he kept right on trying to smell me. Now I know this is how we dogs check each other out but really, I prefer to do the smelling and this guy just did not seem to get it. Of course my Mom was moaning about how thin he was and I admit this dog was thin. No mistaking it, he had not seen a real meal in a while. Evidently my other person had already felt sorry for him and was feeding him. You know what that means in the dog world. "I ain't goin nowhere." Man will they ever learn. You feed a dog and they stay and stay and stay.

Now my mom is giving him baths, removing ticks (did I tell you he was gross??), cleaning ears and talking about taking pictures to find him a home. Did I ever see a camera the whole weekend??? No... but I will give her a break. They thought they may have found his owners. But the people came by and he wasn't their dog.

So, if anyone has lost a pitiful, skinny red lab we have one you can have. And they call ME psycho?

No comments: