Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Get On the Couch

The other day my mom was talking to another dog person. They were discussing their past dogs of which I really had little interest in. But then, something was said that certainly caught MY attention.

My mom was talking about her boxers. Boxers???? First let me get this straight. That in itself caught me totally off guard. Who would want a Boxer? Obviously Mom did because she was praising them to the heavens. She also confirmed what I already knew. They are high strung, they will greet anyone, be it family, friend or foe (not me, I am on guard no matter who you are). Mom went on to explain that she was new to training dogs at that time so she would just tell Buster & Babe (how quaint) to "Get on the Couch" when someone came into the house in order to keep them off of the visitors.

"GET ON THE COUCH" I thought. What do you mean get on the couch. No one, I mean no one, has ever told me to get on a couch. GET OFF THE COUCH is more like it. Freckles, get off the couch, get off the bed, get off me. Never had I nor do I expect to ever hear, "Freakles, get on the couch" or anything remotely close to it for that matter. So once again I ponder the human race and its inconsistency as only a dog can do. And they call ME Psycho.

No comments: