Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm a Border Collie!

Yesterday while my mom was walking me this dude looked at me and said, "He looks just like my dog." (I will totally ignore the reference to "he" as I love what he said after that.) "Really" my mom responded... Go figure is what I thought"... I am a mix, I look like everybody. Do you have any idea how many other dogs I look like (or so I am told on many of my walks)? But, then came the magic words. "Yes, he (I will ignore that) is a tricolored." Hmmmm, what is that I thought.? What ever it is, it doesn't sound mixed!!!

So you ask, what is wrong with being mixed? Most of America is mixed and I am certainly American... Red, white and blue that's me! Right down to the core of my dog bones. But as a dog, you have to understand. There is something about humans (not all thank goodness). They have this undeniable regard for pure breed dogs. In the dog park when asked "What kind is he?" (there it is again, always referenced as a he) the owners will proudly state their dogs breed. For the life of me I don't understand that attitude, but it exist. I know what it is like to not be a "pure breed." Or at least, I use to.

Now I am a tricolored border collie! Never mind that mom has looked on the Internet at pictures and feels she doesn't quite see any tricolored border collies that looks like me. Well there was one, but she was all wet and a sad sight. I won't claim that. I claim to be a tricolored border collie and per this dude, we only come along every 3-4 liters and cost more. I would have cost MORE! Never mind I was a rescue from a juke joint... If he had asked for money, PawPaw would have had to pay more for me. And they call ME Psycho!

No comments: