Monday, October 13, 2008

Country Dog

I went to my new home this weekend. It is 35 acres and I run anywhere I want (though temporarily as I see they are putting up a fence). There are 3 ponds and the neighbor's have ponds also. This means there are plenty of opportunities to get wet. I take advantage of everyone of them which brings me to my point.

There are at least 6 ponds within 3 minutes (dog running minutes mind you) of our house. They (my people) leave the doors open and thus there is nothing to stop me (or my sidekicks Jack, Bo and Chelsey) from coming in the house. Of course I have visited at least 2 ponds before I hear my person desperately calling my name and saying "COME NOW" in that voice which no one, dogs, children or adults likes to hear. I then hear the words "Freckles TREAT" That catches my attention. So after making her call a bit I come (sorry, I get just a bit of pleasure from this).

Once I am visualized they are appeased and go back into the house. Well, of course, so do I. Right?? She called me, insisted I come NOW. But when I come in the house I suddenly hear... Freckles, you are all wet!!! Get out of the house now!! Go outside, get out of here! ?????
Wasn't that where I was, OUTSIDE. And they call ME Psycho???

No comments: